CREW LV PA began in 2004 as an idea shared by a handful of women involved in various aspects of real estate.
Barbara Ziev, who was then a Senior Vice President and Manager of Weichert Commercial Brokerage in Bethlehem, PA shared the vision of the organization with colleagues and fellow professionals who coalesced into the founding board and committee members including:
- Jane Schiff, a commercial broker with the Frederick Group
- Deborah Reimer, SIOR, CCIM, President, Reimer Real Estate
- Sharon Gage, CPA, now retired from Summit Realty but then with Patt White Real Estate
- Jessica Armstrong Nichols, then an attorney with Tallman, Hudders & Sorrentino
- Deborah Skeans CCIM, MAI, Sperry Van Ness Imperial Real Estate
- Cynthia Feinberg, then with Summit Real Estate, now Partner with Feinberg Real Estate Advisors, LLC
- Francee Fuller, Marketing Manager, Barry Isett & Associates Consulting Engineers & Surveyors
- Mary Beth Dolinich, now with The Frederick Group
- Rosalin Petrucci, JG Petrucci Company
In August, 2004 the group with big dreams wrote personal checks to fund a new local chapter and pay national dues then planned a wine and cheese party for September 21, 2004 in the lobby of an upscale office building generously provided by Liberty Property Trust to introduce the concept to the broader community. Joan Rosoff, Esquire, a partner in White Williams LLP and the immediate past president of CREW International and Jacqueline Buhn, a CREW National director and the President of Athenian Properties LLC, met with about 70 Lehigh Valley women involved in every aspect of real estate to introduce the professional networking association of choice.
The early group of core members worked hard to develop programming to attract more members. Early topics included an overview of the race to develop lifestyle centers in the region, an exploration of the impact of ArtsQuest, a Bethlehem based non profit, on the development of the south side of Bethlehem, and the economic revitalization of Allentown. Strong programming continues to be a hallmark of CREW LV PA.
CREW LV PA developed an early alliance with Lehigh University’s Institute of Real Estate Studies, an overlay program for undergraduates in business, architecture, engineering and other related fields. Still a vital and growing relationship, our members mentor students, participate in classroom sessions, and evaluate student projects.
CREW Network was founded on the following principal: “Influencing the success of the commercial real estate industry by advancing the achievements of women.” CREW Lehigh Valley is dedicated to continuing this principal within their chapter and in the industry.